"Air conditioning is a family and lifestyle investment, an investment that needs careful consideration"
Choosing a new air conditioner isn’t a decision to be taken lightly.
Below are a few points to consider when making that vital decision about your air conditioning system.
- Deal with someone who is willing to take the time to consult your family and lifestyle requirements. Without this process a tailored air conditioning design cannot be achieved.
- Make it clear how much of your home you want to be able to heat or cool at any one time. This is important as it will ultimately determine the sizing of the air conditioning unit.
- Look for advanced zoning as this will give you the ability to separate your home into zones offering comfort, flexibility and energy savings on the performance of your air conditioner .
- When comparing air conditioning quotes, it’s important to not just compare the system brand and air conditioner size but also the components and air conditioning ductwork. There is a big difference between air conditioning duct quality and the fittings which in turn impacts the performance, efficiencies and running costs of your system. Be careful of cheap inferior plastic components.
Click here for information on quality air conditioning components.
- The location of the air conditioning outdoor unit is very important. Avoid locating the outdoor unit near bedrooms to prevent noise issues and make certain that it is going to be installed as per the manufacturer’s specifications which your installer should guarantee.
- Ensure the air conditioning system quoted is compliant with the current MEPS legislations
- Qualify that the people installing the air conditioning system are professional and experienced. If a well designed air conditioning system isn’t installed correctly it will affect the systems performance and heating and cooling efficiencies.